qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] RFE- snapshot data storage location configurable

From: dmc
Subject: [Qemu-devel] RFE- snapshot data storage location configurable
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:48:01 -0500

I have a pretty ugly patch against qemu 0.8 which allows the location of data used with the -snapshot feature to be somewhere other than /var/tmp. I have a use-case where I am creating many gigabytes of changes to disk in snapshot mode. When 0.9 came out, I looked, but it seemed less than trivial to update my patch, which was a pretty ugly hack to begin with.

I don't suppose anybody else thinks this would be a useful feature? Or at least someone who can rattle off the top of their heads the sorts of things I should keep in mind while trying to put it together myself?

A further extension, which I would like, but is also more complex to add, would be the ability to specify -snapshot, _per device_.

thanks,

-dmc