qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] sparc kqemu?

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] sparc kqemu?
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 21:00:23 +0300

On 8/16/07, Jonathan Kalbfeld <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is this on the horizon?  Is there any interest in it?

For Sparc32 this could be possible, the page table structures are not
unlike i386 ones. Given the death of Sparc32 distros I don't think
there would be much interest.

On Sparc64 there are no in-memory structures for MMU, instead page
table entries are pushed into TLB when needed. I think kqemu would
have to mess with the OS page structures or install its own TLB
handler.

As Sparc architecture is much better on virtualisation than x86, it
should be possible to port kvm instead.