qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Comment for Solaris fix for the HPTC

From: Ben Taylor
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Comment for Solaris fix for the HPTC
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 11:11:21 -0400

---- Johannes Schindelin <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> On Sat, 15 Sep 2007, Ben Taylor wrote:
>
> > +#ifdef __sun__
> > +/* Have to define this for Solaris as ULONG_LONG_MAX is not defined
> > +   anywhere.  ULONG_MAX is correct only on _LP64 systems */
> > +#define ULONG_LONG_MAX 18446744073709551615UL
> > +#endif
> > +
>
> These constants are always defined, right?  So why not "#ifndef
> ULONG_LONG_MAX"?

I fear I may not have explained this well.

On the Solaris systems I have access to, I find no system include file
that defines "ULONG_LONG_MAX".

There are defines for ULONG_MAX which is equivilent to the value that
ULONG_LONG_MAX is, but only when the system is being compiled on
an "_LP64" (ie x86_64) system.  When the system is 32-bit, ULONG_MAX
defaults to a typical max value for a 32-bit unsigned int.

That help?

Ben