qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] view qemu output/console

From: andrzej zaborowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] view qemu output/console
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:11:04 +0200

On 24/09/2007, Johannes Schindelin <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, Clemens Kolbitsch wrote:
>
> > when the kernel crashes, it displayes the message, however as it is way
> > much more information that can be displayed in the qemu window, i only
> > see the last 20-something lines. as the crash is fatal, no entries are
> > made to the log-files and i have not succeeded redirecting output to my
> > console (using the -nographic option) as my linux does not boot
> > correctly then.
>
> If your host is not windows, you can use the "-monitor stdio" option to
> output monitor information on the console you start QEmu in.

AIUI Clemens wants to redirect the VGA console output, not QEmu
monitor. One idea is to dig out my ncurses interface patch (I believe
debian has a version that applies to post-9.0 qemu, and if you're on
debian just use the "-curses" switch), then GNU screen would let you
log all VGA console output to a file. Another idea is to set a
breakpoint at the guest printk() address.

Regards