qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu linux-user/qemu.h linux-user/signal.c linu...

From: Thayne Harbaugh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu linux-user/qemu.h linux-user/signal.c linu...
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 09:53:48 -0600

On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 16:08 +0200, Jocelyn Mayer wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 13:57 +0000, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> > CVSROOT:    /sources/qemu
> > Module name:        qemu
> > Changes by: Thiemo Seufer <ths>     07/09/27 13:57:58
> >
> > Modified files:
> >     linux-user     : qemu.h signal.c syscall.c
> >     target-alpha   : cpu.h
> >     target-arm     : cpu.h
> >     target-i386    : cpu.h
> >     target-mips    : cpu.h
> >     target-ppc     : cpu.h
>
>  static inline target_ulong get_sp_from_cpustate(CPUPPCState *state)
> {
>   return state->gpr[1];
> }
>
> This is no way related to CPU emulation then has nothing to do in cpu.h.
> Furthermore, there no notion of sigaltstack or even stack pointer in the
> PowerPC specification.
> Revert this patch immediatly, please, and stop breaking others code...

My apologies.  I put get_sp_from_cpustate() in cpu.h because it is a
generic function that isn't exclusive to sigaltstack().  If it's
preferred it can be exclusive to sigaltstack().

> How should we say "don't do weird things in others code" ??? Again, and
> again and again...

My hope was that these types of comments would be made prior to the
patch being committed.  Is there a developer document that describes the
intentions of code layout, design philosophy, etc. so that I'm not
guessing?

Please send me additional comments so that I can rework the patch for
resubmission.

Thanks.