qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] fat rw status

From: Ricardo Almeida
Subject: [Qemu-devel] fat rw status
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:23:44 +0100

Hi,

I've sent a message 4 days ago but got no answer :(

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2007-10/msg00314.html

From:   Ricardo Almeida
Subject:        [Qemu-devel] fat rw
Date:   Sat, 13 Oct 2007 23:50:17 +0100

Hi,

I've found the fat:rw:dir option for harddrives and want to use it :)
But when I run:

qemu-system-x86_64 -kernel-kqemu -m 256 -hda winxp.qcow -hdb
fat:rw:/media/lacie/

I get:

qemu: could not open hard disk image 'fat:rw:/media/lacie/'

I've seen in qemu forums
(http://qemu-forum.ipi.fi/viewtopic.php?p=12250) someone with a
similar problem and the following solution:

[QUOTE]
 I am not sure this the correct solution, and I have no idea of what I
am doing, but by changing the bdrv_create call in enable_write_target
to:

          Code:

 if (bdrv_create(&bdrv_qcow,
       s->qcow_filename, s->sector_count, NULL, 0) < 0)

 This causes QEMU to start correctly and writes to the virtual disk
work correctly.
[/QUOTE]

I'm using Kubuntu Gutsy with QEmu 0.9.0 from repository package with
kqemu_1.3.0pre11, so "I can't" patch QEmu. I would like to know if
this is already fixed on CVS or what's the current status.

Regards,
Ricardo Almeida