qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] compiling qemu on ubuntu under parallels

From: Heikki Lindholm
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] compiling qemu on ubuntu under parallels
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 21:29:06 +0200

Tim Leek kirjoitti:
Okay I'm having another go at you folk. Again, please feel free to shunt me off in the proper direction when I get annoying.

According to Andreas, intel macs can't compile the QEMU source as-is. I'd need to use Q which only works because it has been patched to accommodate gcc-4. I've tried this and it works. A script applies a bunch of patches and the resulting Q app works properly. But I am a little worried about working with a forked source tree. We are building instrumentation for computer security research that will sit on top of QEMU. Thus, we'd like to have it as close and compatible as possible to the original QEMU source.

What exactly is the problem building a darwin x86 gcc-3.4? I have built a darwin gcc x86 cross-compiler on a ppc host, which seems to create sane-looking executables, but have no intel mac, so...

-- Heikki Lindholm