qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] QEMU Dbus support - a proposal management API

From: Jean-Christian de Rivaz
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] QEMU Dbus support - a proposal management API
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:17:51 +0100

Anthony Liguori a écrit :
 > The main objection I have to dbus is that it's very heavy weight.  It
implies a rather fat infrastructure and it not very suitable for embedding. QEMU has very few dependencies and that is a strength ATM. People interested in embedding QEMU still want a good management interface so enhancing the monitor seems more preferable to me than adding a dbus dependency.

I must object again that.

I use D-Bus on a very small processor (Analog Devices Blackfin BF-537) and it work very well. The library is around 200k on the target: this is very supportable for embedded device, especially when you take in account all the simplifications it allow in the code of each applications. The D-Bus library have very few and simple dependency.

D-Bus is a growing standard for the communication between applications. I expect that sooner or later, QEMU will be a D-Bus service.

Best regards,
--
Jean-Christian de Rivaz