qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu crash in aio_read

From: Adam Jacob Muller
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu crash in aio_read
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 13:59:23 -0500

Hello,
I am experiencing a crash in qemu when trying to load an existing known-working image:

address@hidden gdb /usr/local/bin/qemu qemu.core
GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details. This GDB was configured as "i386-marcel-freebsd"...(no debugging symbols found)...
Core was generated by `qemu'.
Program terminated with signal 12, Bad system call.
Reading symbols from /lib/libm.so.5...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libm.so.5
Reading symbols from /lib/libz.so.4...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libz.so.4
Reading symbols from /lib/libutil.so.7...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libutil.so.7
Reading symbols from /lib/libc.so.7...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libc.so.7
Reading symbols from /libexec/ld-elf.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /libexec/ld-elf.so.1
#0  0x281cb61b in aio_read () from /lib/libc.so.7
(gdb) bt
#0  0x281cb61b in aio_read () from /lib/libc.so.7
#1  0x0805c2e8 in ?? ()
#2  0x283e4090 in ?? ()
#3  0x283c3c14 in ?? ()
#4  0x283bb458 in ?? ()
#5  0x00000008 in ?? ()
#6  0x283bb1d4 in ?? ()
#7  0x00000008 in ?? ()
#8  0xbfbfb428 in ?? ()
#9  0x0807f22d in ?? ()

This is attempting to boot with a basic copy of gentoo, any ideas what could cause this?

I can provide any additional debugging information or test patches etc.

-Adam