qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu vnc.c

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu vnc.c
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:03:53 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, Anders Melchiorsen wrote:

> Johannes Schindelin <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I haven't looked that deeply myself, but your explanations do not give
>> me a cozy feeling about your patch.
>
> I see your point, and I would love to discuss the merits of the patch
> (which is why I sent it in the first place). However, your gut feeling
> alone does not give me much to work with.

Okay, I tried to be nice.  It is not my "gut feeling" that was offended,
but my intelligence.  So I try to be more explicit.

You said that you tried stepping through the code, and that it apparently
did not change anything.  Sorry, that is not good enough for me.

>From just a cursory inspection, I know that there are possibly different
console instances stored in the active_console variable.

_At least_ you have to enumerate which type they can be, and what their
hw_update() does, and why they are not affected by your patch.

Your analysis must be _more_ thorough than mine, because you provided the
patch.  And no, a non-static analysis is not sufficient.

Hth,
Dscho