qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] s390-dis.c license

From: M. Warner Losh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] s390-dis.c license
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 14:07:06 -0700 (MST)

In message: <address@hidden>
            "Ricardo Almeida" <address@hidden> writes:
: > The problem is: you would have to ask every contributor whose code is
: > still somewhere in the source code.  That is tedious, and takes time (I do
: > not even think that an email would suffice).
:
: >From what I read once in a slashdot post (it's worth what is worth),
: it suffices a public announcement of the change and a deadline
: (something around 60 to 90 days). The announce could be in QEmu
: homepage and on this list...

That's not legally correct.  To change a license in a way not
permitted by the original license holder, you *MUST* have *EXPLICIT*
approval to do that.  Otherwise, licenses would be meaningless...

Warner