qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How to extract content of a raw image on host?

From: Dirk Behme
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How to extract content of a raw image on host?
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 07:34:24 +0100

Hi,

is there a way to extract the contents of a qemu raw image on (x86 Linux) host without starting QEMU itself? If so, any hint would be quite nice.

I'm looking for anything like the reverse what

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2006-04/msg00448.html

seems to do. Extract files/directories from an existing raw image.

qemu-img reports me

> qemu-img info disk.img
image: disk.img
file format: raw
virtual size: 4.3M (4515328 bytes)
disk size: 4.3M

but what is in it and how to access the content?

Thanks, and sorry if this is a FAQ and I missed the correct search string,

Dirk