qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: New x86 BIOS image

From: Sebastian Herbszt
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: New x86 BIOS image
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 21:38:14 +0100

Aurelien,

I had a problem with SMP support, as the delay between the launch of
the
SIPI and the read of the number of CPU was too short. It was
controlled
by a simple delay loop which seems to be too short now. Instead of
waiting an arbitrary amount of time, I use the same solution as the
one
choosen in KVM, that is to export the number of CPUs in the NVRAM. A
patch for that has been post among the KVM patches by Anthony Liguori.

bios.diff also includes part of "kvm: bios: sync tsc on bootup" patch
from kvm (git commit 9c34f44a1df4d10bc4d394b924e8de50e7012000).
Did it slip in or did you intend to include it and just missed to mention it?

- Sebastian