qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [AMD64] Possible problem with the DF flag during the SYSCAL

From: Jakub Jermar
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [AMD64] Possible problem with the DF flag during the SYSCALL instruction
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:44:02 +0100

Hi,

yesterday I tried to mask off the DF flag from the RFLAGS register during the SYSCALL instruction by specifying this bit in the SFMASK MSR register while running HelenOS.

With QEMU, this didn't work (but it worked in Simics, for instance), so I suspect that there is something wrong with handling RFLAGS.DF during SYSCALL. Anyone wants to have a look?

Regards,
Jakub