qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU/KVM SCSI lock up

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU/KVM SCSI lock up
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:49:02 +0300

Matteo Frigo wrote:
Avi Kivity <address@hidden> writes:

Will that not issue the read for the wrong sector?

The patch that I submitted issues the read for the correct sector:
It reads (r->sector - n) instead of r->sector.  I apologize
if my explanation of the patch was confusing on this point.

I misread the patch, sorry.

I think the correct fix is to move r->sector and r->sector_count
adjustment into scsi_read_complete() and scsi_write_complete().

This will work as long as you can guarantee that scsi_read_complete()
is called before the recursive call to scsi_read_data().

Yes, scsi_read_complete() calls s->completion, which triggers the recursion, by my reading.