qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Keyboard contents in QEMU log

From: Justin King
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Keyboard contents in QEMU log
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 10:29:13 -0500

On Apr 20, 2008, at 1:50 AM, Blue Swirl wrote:

On 4/20/08, Justin King <address@hidden> wrote:

I am effectively looking to use QEMU as a
keylogger, that is, I would like to type keystrokes into a QEMU VM, and have
the keys recorded and output in some sort of log.

At this point, the keystroke is not yet read by the CPU, so the
interrupt log won't contain the keystroke.

Thank you for your help. I was beginning to suspect that keystrokes were not appearing, and this confirms my suspicion.

Does the logging functionality of QEMU record keystrokes? If so, where
should I be looking in the logs to find this information?

No, but you can enable DEBUG_KBD in pckbd.c and recompile. The
keystroke (among other keyboard events) will be printed to stdout.

I have basically done this, though for my particular purposes I need these events in the interrupt log. I added a (simple) hack to hw/ pckbd.c that outputs key events to the interrupt log (when DEBUG_KB is enabled). It is probably inappropriate to add a patch to the source that meets only my needs, but if there is someone in the future that needs such a patch, I am willing to make it available.