qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] OpenGL in qemu

From: Gervase Lam
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] OpenGL in qemu
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 02:03:11 +0100

> Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:07:36 +1000
> From: Nik <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] OpenGL in qemu

> However, if I can find a solution which has a good longer-term future
> and supports the greatest range of applications and users, then I am
> very interested, so long as it doesn't make the implementation overly
> complex. :o)

Fabrice made the following suggestion, which I am only just(!) beginning
to understand:

<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2006-11/msg00149.html>

Essentially, I think he would like to see something like the following:

(Guest driver) -> (pseudo PCI adapter emulated by QEMU)-> (Host gfx lib)

This would allow any host to benefit without having to write host
specific code to handle this.  I think that was the point Fabrice was
making.

Thanks,
Gervase.