qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [4341] qemu: generate signals on tap I/O

From: Anders
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [4341] qemu: generate signals on tap I/O
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 01:12:09 +0200

Anthony Liguori wrote:
You're seeing improvement with normal QEMU? Can you please post a description of what you're seeing improve with SIGIO. SIGIO should really only slow things down.

I found this issue in KVM. I have not timed in QEMU, but the issue seemed generic, so I posted it upstream.

My usecase was a new VNC connection delaying until the next timer tick (which is a really long time in some KVM configurations).

The improvement is from running the select() immediately, rather than waiting around for a timer to expire.

Thanks,
Anders.