qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KQEMU code organization

From: Ben Taylor
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KQEMU code organization
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 13:20:37 -0400

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 12:56 PM, Jan Kiszka <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a technical reason why the kqemu kernel module is built out of
> a binary blob (monitor-image.bin->monitor-image.h)? Does this simply
> date back to the time when wrapper and core were distributed under
> different licenses?
>
> I'm currently trying to hunt down a (probable) bug in kqemu, and the
> monitor is now unfortunately a white spot for the source-level debugger.
> So far I only managed to make the rest visible.
>
> BTW, am I missing an official code repository of kqemu? Why is there no
> subfolder, e.g., in the qemu svn repos? So patches should be provided
> against 1.3.0pre11, right?

I maintain a version of the repository at

http://svn9.cvsdude.com/kdesolaris/kqemu/trunk/1.0.3pre11/kqemu

that includes the Solaris changes and other patches posted to the
list that I've been able to test and integrate.

despite the kqemu being under kdesolaris (my friend owns this tree),
this is kqemu the kernel module, not kqemu the KDE qemu front end. :-)

ben