qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM host compile fix

From: andrzej zaborowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM host compile fix
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 22:10:30 +0200

On 30/05/2008, Blue Swirl <address@hidden> wrote:
> I needed this patch to get sparc-softmmu compile on ARM host.

Thanks for the patch. I guess it applies to all glibcs below 2.3 or
2.4 so I'll make this check a "<= 3" - I've only built for glibc 2.5.
I'll commit it tomorrow unless you do.

> It looks
>  like the code generator is not finished, tcg_abort() is called
>  immediately on start.

I think this is due to the recent change making code_gen_buffer
dynamic and requiring an absolute jump on ARM, which I had #if 0'ed in
tcg-target.c because I had not tested it.

TCG is a bit of a moving target and I'll be trying to keep arm host
support updated, but without putting an excessive effort in being
quick.

>  Also sparc-linux-user final link fails:
>  /src/qemu/cpu-exec.c:609: relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24
>  against symbol `code_gen_prologue' defined in COMMON section in
>  libqemu.a(exec.o)
>  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Yes, arm-linux-user fails with the same error because gcc doesn't
manage to make the call to code_gen_prologue.  One solution is to wrap
the #define tcg_qemu_tb_exec in tcg/tcg.h in an #ifndef, and override
it tcg/arm/tcg-target.h with the same kind of call as was used before
introduction of prologue/epilogue which was possibly more optimal.

Regards