qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] License issues with QEMU

From: Simson Garfinkel
Subject: [Qemu-devel] License issues with QEMU
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:50:55 -0400

Greetings. I am interested in incorporating block-vmdk.c into AFFLIB, an open source forensic library that I maintain.

block-vmdk.c is distributed with the unrestricted liberal license agreement. block-vmdk.c requires five include files. Of these, one has the liberal license statement, but four have no license statement.

Is this an error, or is the intent to cover these four files under the more restrictive GPL?

I can rewrite the .h files, but this seems to be a waste of time. The intent of the author of block-vmdk.c is clearly to make the code widely available without restriction. Would it be possible to add the liberal license statement to the four files indicated below?

block_int.h - liberal license

block.h - no license statement
bswap.h - no license statement
osdep.h - no license statement