qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: qemu svn r5281 on FreeBSD - slow usb, vmwarevga, screen

From: Juergen Lock
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: qemu svn r5281 on FreeBSD - slow usb, vmwarevga, screen updates... (now updated to r5313)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 00:10:39 +0200 (CEST)

In article <address@hidden> you write:
>On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Juergen Lock <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>>  I've been playing with qemu svn on FreeBSD again (new experimental
>> emulators/qemu-devel port update here:
>>        http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/qemu/qemu-devel-20080921.patch
>> ), and want to note a few things:
>
>Hi.  I've built an updated port with your patch and it compiles fine
>and runs my WinXP guests well.  But, the qemu process consumes 100% of
>one CPU core on the host the whole time it is running, regardless of
>what the guest is doing.  The host is a 7-STABLE box from 8/19.  The
>guests run with bridged networking and full kernel kqemu accel
>enabled.

Hmm.  And you didn't see this with the version in ports?  Have you
checked if this is related to kqemu? (try without -kernel-kqemu and
also with -no-kqemu.)  Also, which threading libs and scheduler are you
using?  There seems to be an issue with kse, tho I doubt you are using
that on 7-stable...

 Here is another experimental update that forces -lthr on 6.x, and
also updates to qemu svn r5313:
        http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/qemu/qemu-devel-20080924.patch

>Thank you for the continued work on this port!

 You're welcome! :)
        Juergen