qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch 4/4] Add Flash support to the Versatile PB platf

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch 4/4] Add Flash support to the Versatile PB platform
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 15:44:03 +0200

Le Thu, 2 Oct 2008 17:33:10 +0100,
Paul Brook <address@hidden> a écrit :

> > The RAM size is also hardcoded to 128 MB
>
> This is wrong.

Another solution is to set

 .ram_require = 64 * 1024 * 1024

So that 64 MB will always be allocated for the Flash. To these 64 MB,
the user-specified amount of memory is added for the RAM.

Is this what you're thinking of ?

I don't mind changing my implementation, as I said, these patches are
for review. But just saying « This is wrong » is not helpful, because
it doesn't give any suggestion on how to improve the proposed patch.
Frankly, I do not understand what your answer was so harsh.

Anyway, thanks for your review,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons