qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [Patch] vnc: support vnc port auto-allocation

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [Patch] vnc: support vnc port auto-allocation
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:24:41 +0200

  Hi,

> This patch makes qemu (optionally) find a free vnc display, using the
> -vnc $host:$start,to=$end syntax as discussed on the list a few weeks ago.

While being at it:  I'm consider doing something simliar for
serial/parallel device tcp redirections.  Needs the "info chardev"
monitor command patch sent earlier this week to be useful.  Probably
makes sense to factor out the free tcp port scan then.  And when being
busy hacking the networking code I'd might just make those bits ipv6
ready along the way.

Comments?

cheers,
  Gerd