qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Live migration - exec: support to be reintroduced?

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Live migration - exec: support to be reintroduced?
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 20:10:19 +0200

Anthony Liguori wrote:
(qemu) acceptfd blah
receives an file descriptor from the monitor using SCM_RIGHTS and assigns it to the tag 'blah'
(qemu) migrate fd:blah
migrates to the fd denominated by the tag 'blah'
(qemu) closefd blah

This could be generally useful for other things too (like char device redirection).

I'm not sure how many people would really use it though, you're talking about serious unix-fu here.

While SCM_RIGHTS does not feature on prime-time television, it's hardly complex. I mean, compare with tty and sessions and group leaders and all that goo.

signature is too narrow to contain.