qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] TCG debugging improvements

From: Paul Brook
Subject: [Qemu-devel] TCG debugging improvements
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:45:40 +0000

I'd just applied changes that enforce type size checking for TCG variables
when DEBUG_TCGV is defined. This should help avoid subtle bugs due to
64/32-bit mismatches.

I fixed a few bugs in the process, but it's mostly mechanical changes.  TCGv
is target_ulong sized, so the majority of code remains unchanged.  Explicit
sizes are typically only required when working with different sized ops, or
floating point.

One of the main side-effects of this is that helper functions now need to be
declared properly.  Previously we sort-of did this, but not consistently
enough to enforce types.  With the exception of the SSE/MMX ops (which are
table driven and use messy typecasts) we should be able to detect
inconsistencies between the code generator and the helper function
implementations.

There should be no functional changes.  I've tested what I can, but please
test your favourite host/target.

Paul