qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] New way of working with upstream Bochs BIOS

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] New way of working with upstream Bochs BIOS
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:48:04 -0600

I've setup a git mirror of Bochs on repo.or.cz. I've also restructured the bios.diff into a patch queue and recorded what changeset we're using. Now, to recreate the bios.bin that we ship, use the following instructions:

$ export QEMUSRC=/path/to/qemu/svn
$ git clone git://repo.or.cz/bochs-mirror.git
$ cd bochs-mirror
$ git checkout -b qemu-bios $(cat $QEMUSRC/pc-bios/bios-pq/HEAD)
$ mkdir -p .git/patches
$ ln -s $QEMUSRC/pc-bios/bios-pq .git/patches/qemu-bios
$ touch .git/patches/qemu-bios/status
$ guilt push -a
$ ./configure
$ cd bios
$ make
$ cp BIOS-bochs-latest $QEMUSRC/pc-bios/bios.bin

New patches against bochs should go in pc-bios/bios-pq with series being updated appropriately. When we bump to a new version of the bochs bios, we should update pc-bios/HEAD appropriately. The bochs mirror gets updated daily with a cron job for now.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori