qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Help debugging qemu linux-user

From: Rtp
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Help debugging qemu linux-user
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 23:16:26 +0100

Hi,

Theses days, I've been trying to play with qemu on mipsel on my freetime
(mainly to play with mips assembly). Now, I'm able to run some
busybox commands with busybox-static debs (for
armel,mipsel,i386). Unfortunately, every time I tried to use non-static
binaries (say some chroot or the binaries from the
linux-user-test-0.3.tar.gz file), qemu is crashing. The code should
not be so bad as it's working fine with the static binaries imho. So
either the bug comes from my code or it comes from somewhere else in the
qemu code. Can someone give me some advice on how to debug that ?

Moreover, after looking at the mailing-list archive, it's not clear if
someone managed to run non-static binaries with the previous patches for
mips hosts. Can someone tell me if it worked ?

I plan to send the patches against the svn for inclusion but I need to
fix this bug, add support for the softmmu case and clean my code (it's
ugly, contains #if 0 and other bad things) so don't ask for it please :)
btw, are there some CodingStyle rules ?

Thanks,
Arnaud