qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Sound on a Power Mac?

From: François Revol
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Sound on a Power Mac?
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 05:15:35 +0100 CET

> What would be the best sound card to select for use with the emulated
> G3 Beige computer?  I'm trying to get sound working using the Debian
> Etch PowerPC image provided by Aurelien Jarno.  It shows two options
> when I run alsaconf: PowerMac and Legacy. It complained when I chose
> PowerMac, and I don't know if the power mac supports ISA cards.

The PCI Mac clone I have here has a Crystal CS4217-KL chip, not sure if
there are any PCI card using it...

The Cirrus website (who bought Crystal) says it can be replaced by
CS4212, but it also has been EOLed.
http://www.cirrus.com/en/products/eol/detail/EOL91.html
http://www.cirrus.com/en/products/eol/detail/EOL39.html
http://www.cirrus.com/en/products/eol/index.html

Searching for either in lxr.linux.no doesn't find anything
nor in
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Special:Search?search=cs4212&go=Go
nor does grepping the OSSv4 sources, so unless it's compatible with a
CS423x it's not documented as such.

Maybe it's
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Module-powermac

François.