qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SH: Improve the interrupt controller

From: Shin-ichiro KAWASAKI
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SH: Improve the interrupt controller
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 08:51:07 +0900

Vladimir Prus wrote:
On Sunday 14 December 2008 19:57:36 Vladimir Prus wrote:
On Sunday 14 December 2008 19:46:39 address@hidden wrote:
# a patch attached is not to be commit to repos, but for explanation.
Hi,

I have tested this only with SH4A and it's desirable to test
with 7751/R2D. However, I no longer sure I know which kernel
to use for that. Can anybody either provide me with instructions,
or test this patch with R2D for me?
It doesn't work at least here for me (for r2d).
It stops with CPU load 100% (and I had to power my PC off...).
Bummer. Can you send me the kernel/rootfs combo you are using (either
link, or complete binary offlist) and I'll see what I've broken.

Yoshii,

I wonder if you've missed the above email. I would like to get these
patches in, but for that I need to make sure they don't break r2d, and
for that, I need to test with r2d kernel/rootfs -- preferrably the
same that you use for testing.

I tried to apply your patch to rev 5983, and found that it causes
segmentation fault at start up when I tried to run R2D+ board emulation.
Could you try the following set?

Kernel
http://www.assembla.com/spaces/qemu-sh4/documents/b1ftw8fRyr3Bfnab7jnrAJ/download?filename=Kernel%2Bto%2Btest%2BSH4%2BSystem%2BEmulation

Userland (Thx to Kristoffer Ericson)
http://jlime.com/downloads/development/qemu/disk_small.img

Command line example
% ./qemu/sh4-softmmu/qemu-system-sh4 -M r2d -serial vc -serial stdio -m 1024M
-kernel ./linux-2.6/arch/sh/boot/zImage -hda disk_small.img

Regards,
Shin-ichiro KAWASAKI