qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Cutting a new QEMU release

From: Glauber Costa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Cutting a new QEMU release
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 21:48:44 -0200

>> I agree we should not care now about targets that are not here anymore.
>> But things that are important for the community should be taken with
>> care (and arm linux user mode is certainly a very important target).
>>

> If someone is actively fixing it, then I'm perfectly happy to wait.  If it's
> a known issue that noone is resolving, I don't think delaying a release
> helps anyone.  However, documenting all of these things somewhere so that
> they are clearly visible may make it easier for someone to fix so the
> process of going through a release would probably be helpful in general.

We also have to take into account that making a release is likely to increase
the quality of qemu code base as a whole. Just because any user getting into
qemu site today, or getting code from a distro, is likely to be using
something very
old. Old enough that any bug reports will be probably useless to us.

Bug reports against 0.9.1 has happened many times already in the list.

--
Glauber  Costa.
"Free as in Freedom"

"The less confident you are, the more serious you have to act."