qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU SVN on Windows 2000 :-(

From: Jamie Lokier
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU SVN on Windows 2000 :-(
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 12:28:05 +0000

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > "but it requires copyrighted file `Wspiapi.h' from MSVC2005, because
> > MinGW doesn't provide such a file."
> >
> > So if Wspiapi.h carries a GPL compatible license, it's fine to include.
> > The patch lacks Wspiapi.h though so it'll break the build on mingw.
>
> Well MinGW already builds fine with getaddrinfo(), so no need for a GPL
> header providing Wspiapi.h there. Since this is only needed for a few
> Win builds, why not just make the include conditional on whether that
> header actually exists. eg

It should compile, but the point is it will fail at run time on
most versions of Windows 2000, and all earlier Windows versions.

Imho it's standard practice on Windows to look up getaddrinfo()
dynamically, in case it doesn't exist - same for a few other
functions.  But maybe that's just my standard practice ;-)

Windows XP was introduced in 2003, iirc, about the same time as Linux
2.6.0, although major distributions didn't pick up Linux 2.6 until
years later.  Does Qemu run on Linux 2.4?

-- Jamie