qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ACPI weirdness with SVN head

From: Erik de Castro Lopo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ACPI weirdness with SVN head
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 22:05:20 +1100

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> Is this a known problem?

More info. If I disable ACPI with -no-acpi the VM boots but
 then chews up far more of the host CPU than previously. The
only real explanation I can find for this on the guest side
is a very high number of timer interrupts:

    guest > cat /proc/interrupts
               CPU0
      0:    2575369    XT-PIC-XT        timer
      1:          9    XT-PIC-XT        i8042
      2:          0    XT-PIC-XT        cascade
      4:        536    XT-PIC-XT        serial
      8:          0    XT-PIC-XT        rtc0
      9:          0    XT-PIC-XT        virtio0
     11:        202    XT-PIC-XT        virtio1, eth0
     12:        111    XT-PIC-XT        i8042
     14:       4176    XT-PIC-XT        ata_piix
     15:       3676    XT-PIC-XT        ata_piix
    NMI:          0   Non-maskable interrupts
    LOC:          0   Local timer interrupts
    RES:          0   Rescheduling interrupts
    CAL:          0   function call interrupts
    TLB:          0   TLB shootdowns
    TRM:          0   Thermal event interrupts
    THR:          0   Threshold APIC interrupts
    SPU:          0   Spurious interrupts
    ERR:          0

Cheers,
Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
"These are the finest moments in (post)modern life, when satire is completly
indistinguishable from reality... I usually have to rely on the presidential
elections for such dada." -- frenomulax on Jesux a christian Linux distro.