qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Machine description as data

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Machine description as data
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 13:56:37 -0600

Blue Swirl wrote:
On 2/11/09, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
I think your approach is pretty sound.  A few observations:

 1) obviously need to eliminate the code duplication

 2) the new code should fit with the rest of QEMU stylistically

 3) I'd prefer incremental vs. perfect so let's try to do as much
refactoring that will be required before actually going the full 9 yards and
implementing the config file.

 4) we don't have to solve all problems all at once as long as we don't
regress existing features

I'd still want to see if a FDT based solution is possible before
taking a homebrew version.

I think I mentioned earlier that I am heavily bias toward a FDT solution. What I'm suggesting though is that we can do some of the required cleanup (like device refactoring) before introducing any of the tree stuff.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori