qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Configuring the base i/o address and IRQ of multiple ne2k_i

From: Calvin Grunewald
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Configuring the base i/o address and IRQ of multiple ne2k_isa NIC devices
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:24:34 -0500

Hi everyone,

I am working on building a network stack inside of an academic/learning operating system. We would like to support multiple network devices, specifically multiple instances of the ne2k_isa device. First of all, is it even possible to support multiple NIC devices? Second, is it possible to configure the base i/o port address and IRQ of each device? I know that the first ne2k device uses i/o port 0x300 and IRQ 9. Is it possible to change these values for a second card?

Thanks,
Calvin Grunewald