qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Machine description as data

From: Markus Armbruster
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Machine description as data
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:19:21 +0100

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <address@hidden> writes:

> How exactly do you represent a digraph with some cycles as a decorated
> tree? The solution should allow people without an extensive background
> in IEEE1275 to change the graph as needed.

Okay, calling it just a decorated tree is not 100% accurate.  It's a
decorated tree where a certain kind of decoration can refer to another
node.  These additional edges actually make it a directed graph.  But we
still have a tree embedded in that graph, which is useful when we
convert it to or from text.

[...]