qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Android on Qemu

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Android on Qemu
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 14:38:08 +0100

This has already been answered on the Android forums. A stock QEMU cannot run the emulated Android system
(even without the fancy skin support) because it lacks specific hardware emulation for the virtual platform we call
"goldfish".

Patches are in preparation, as long as other hopefully good stuff. It's just that I didn't find the time to prepare them
cleanly for submission (some Android specific stuff must be stripped out and/or replaced).

There is also the issue of testing that the result works correctly, which is made more complex due to the way
input events must be translated then passed to the Android emulated system (the fancy skinning is there for a
reason).

Curious people can still look at the following page, and look at the goldfish_xxxx sources:

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/external/qemu.git;a=tree;f=hw;h=30ddf8a2f5d4662bf03bab6f607e7421de2cd93b;hb=7a5cb2bf2725afddd4ff9ede151063d23b849d94

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Lubomir Rintel <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 16:46 +0530, indra dutt wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am recently joined this group. I want to understand the procedural
> way how Android runs on Qemu?
> If anybody can update me on this, later I plan trying android porting
> on it, so that android application can run on that.

I believe Android uses its own fork of qemu and am not sure Android
would run in vanilla Qemu:

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/external/qemu.git;a=summary

I think there are Android people reading this list as well, so they may
correct me if I'm wrong.

--
Lubomir Rintel <address@hidden>