qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Recent gpxe images with qemu

From: Jędrzej Kalinowski
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Recent gpxe images with qemu
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 15:00:20 +0100

Hello,

PXE menu functionality has been recently added to gPXE. I managed to build
an image from git sources that seems to work fine with qemu.

Maybe someone is curious how it works, than here it is:
http://www.iem.pw.edu.pl/~kalinoj1/qemu/pxe-rtl8139.bin

My only patch was to make gPXE send a request from different port (as I'm
using isc-dhcp30-server-3.0.1rc13_2 server with a set of pxe patches and it
didn't correctly respond when request was from 68 not 4011 port). Of course
I can share it.

I've got a problem however when trying to build the e1000 rom - for qemu
it's too big to load. Maybe some of you has got any hints about using
recent gpxe to build e1000 pxe rom for qemu?

Regards,
Jedrzej Kalinowski