qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Compiling qemu with nas installed

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Compiling qemu with nas installed
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 13:37:04 -0500

Hasso Tepper wrote:
Anthony Liguori wrote:
You should use --extra-cflags and --extra-ldflags.  If we're not already
making these come before our -I$(srcdir), then we should change that.

Well, I may do whatever, but CPPFLAGS (yes this is correct, not CFLAGS) and LDFLAGS is a common way also used by pkgsrc package management system (therefore out of control of user at all).
Basically, we need to ensure that any of our headers have include
priority over system headers in the search path.

Yes, but to do it regardless what user might specify via CPPFLAGS.

Right now, setting CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS is not what's supported by QEMU so if you do that (instead of using --extra-cflags --extra-ldflags), YMMV.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori