qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] svn 6658 broke powerpc.

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] svn 6658 broke powerpc.
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 21:50:45 -0500

Anthony Liguori wrote:
IANAL, but from the FSF GPL FAQ, you just have to make sure the source code is available. Since Blue Swirl is an Open BIOS maintainer, I think we can say with confidence that the openbios code will always be available. If that situation changed for some reason, we'd have to mirror their code.

Specifically:

http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl-faq.html#SourceAndBinaryOnDifferentSites

Not too long ago, I went through and attempted to make sure the instructions in pc-bios/README were very clear how to obtain the sources for the binaries we ship. Patches are always welcome if people think they need clarification.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Regards,

Anthony Liguori