Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch 01/10] qemu: create helper for event notificati

From: Glauber Costa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch 01/10] qemu: create helper for event notification
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 20:18:58 -0300

> +void qemu_notify_event(void)
> +{
> +    CPUState *env = cpu_single_env;
> +
> +    if (env) {
> +        cpu_exit(env);
> +#ifdef USE_KQEMU
> +        if (env->kqemu_enabled)
> +            kqemu_cpu_interrupt(env);
> +#endif
> +     }
>  }

Have you tested this with kqemu? It will fire kqemu interrupts in a
lot of circunstances
it didn't before. That said, I don't even think kqemu is that
important, but if it's in the tree,
we don't want to introduce regressions. I'd suggest passing a flag
indicating the type of
event we're notifying. It's easy to foresee other uses for that as well.

Glauber  Costa.
"Free as in Freedom"

"The less confident you are, the more serious you have to act."