qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] mipsIV support for mips-linux-user

From: Vince Weaver
Subject: [Qemu-devel] mipsIV support for mips-linux-user
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 16:56:35 -0400 (EDT)

Hello

I have some 32-bit mips binaries compiled with -mips4 -O3.

These run fine on an actual mips r12k system I have, but fail with default mips-linux-user (0.10.1).

This is because by default mips-linux-user does not have support enabled for mipsIV instructions. This is because MIPS_HFLAG_COP1X
is not enabled on any of the cpus supported by mips-linux-user.

So my question, what is the correct way to fix this?  Add a R4000 class
CPU that can be seen with mips-linux-user? Or should the default for user operation just enable this because it supports more binaries?

Vince