qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [FYI] sh: linux kernel without iotrap is available for

From: Shin-ichiro KAWASAKI
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [FYI] sh: linux kernel without iotrap is available for better system emulation performance
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 09:32:45 +0900

Aurelien Jarno wrote:
On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 11:31:10PM +0900, Shin-ichiro KAWASAKI wrote:
Hi, SH4 developers.

It turns out that io trap is one of the reason of bad qemu-sh 'r2d' system
emulation performance.  To avoid this problem, 'noiotrap' kernel command
line option is added : http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.sh.devel

The packaged zImage is available at this URL.
http://www.assembla.com/spaces/qemu-sh4/documents/b-tmCWiRmr3PiLeJe5afGb/download/sh-test-0.2.tar.bz2

We currently don't have an SH4 "demo" image available on the website. Do
you think it would be possible to add this one?

Yes.  I hope that the package to be placed at the following page, so
that qemu-sh users can find it easily.

http://www.nongnu.org/qemu/download.html

Regards,
Shin-ichiro KAWASAKI