qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Question about KVM and PC speaker

From: Simon Bienlein
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Question about KVM and PC speaker
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 08:03:58 +0200

Hello everybody,

I do my first Stepps with KVM on my Debian Lenny system. I recognized the following:

If I boot the Debian Install CD on the wirtsystem a audible signal is played if the boot menu appears. If I boot the CD in the virtual KVM machine, the audible bell is not played.

I hear the beep if I am in the bash of the wirtsystem and press the backspace key on the start of the line. The PC speaker works therefore.

How can i configure KVM so that the PC speaker also works in the VM?

The environment variable QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=alsa is set and I run KVM with the option -soundhw all.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Simon