qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [RFC] Bring in all the Linux headers we depend on in QE

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [RFC] Bring in all the Linux headers we depend on in QEMU
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 08:25:17 -0500

Arnd Bergmann wrote:
On Monday 04 May 2009, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
Right, but if you e.g. try to build a newer qemu-kvm on F10, you
currently need newer kvm kernel headers - IMHO, we should use #ifdef to
allow newer qemu-kvm build with older kvm headers.

I think the kvm and virtio headers should just be shipped with
qemu-kvm in their latest versions, rather than relying on the
ones from the kernel. Everything else should come from the
distro-supplied glibc kernel headers.

Just to reiterate, because I should have mentioned it in the original note, we need virtio to be buildable on non-Linux systems so those headers must not depend on having distro glibc headers.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

        Arnd <><