qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Does anyone actually use -smb

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Does anyone actually use -smb
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 16:36:50 -0500

Jan Kiszka wrote:
Anthony Liguori wrote:
It looks to be broken.  I don't recall that Samba has every supported
running as an unprivileged user to so it would require launching as root.

It works perfectly. I even have a patch pending that fixes the zombie
issue it causes (more precisely, slirp missed that).

Would anyone be opposed to removing this?

No reason to do so IMHO. It's very simple to use, much simpler than
having to configure a full samba server on the host, which would include
user/password management.

But you have to run qemu as root, and you can only use -smb with one guest at a time? Is that correct?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Jan