Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Does anyone actually use -smb

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Does anyone actually use -smb
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 16:55:11 +0300

Anthony Liguori wrote:
I've been unable to use it for a year or so due to Samba having
hard-coded directory paths, pointing into /var/lib/samba, which cannot
be overridden in the config file smb.conf.

Yes, this has been my experience too. I just assumed this was upstream behavior.

I think we should regard this as a regression in samba, and submit a bug report or a patch. It doesn't make sense for a program like samba only to work as a single instance.