qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] New device API

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] New device API
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 20:37:24 -0500

malc wrote:
On Sat, 9 May 2009, Anthony Liguori wrote:
And I've confirmed this works.

-Wl,--whole-archive means QEMU can only be built with GNU ld.

Also, we don't have to use static libraries. It really doesn't give us anything so it's pretty simple to swizzle the Makefiles if we have to. If we really want to use a library, we should make it a dynamic library and install that by default. That way we save on some installation size.

So there's a lot of simple ways to eliminate --whole-archive if we have to.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori