qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [Qemu-commits] [COMMIT f80f9ec] Convert machine reg

From: Glauber Costa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [Qemu-commits] [COMMIT f80f9ec] Convert machine registration to use module initfunctions
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 19:50:39 -0300

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 11:36:01PM +0100, Paul Brook wrote:
> > From: Anthony Liguori <address@hidden>
> >
> > This cleans up quite a lot of #ifdefs, extern variables, and other
> > ugliness.
>
> This changes the default for at least the ARM target, which I consider to be
> bug. Worse than that, the default is now arbitrary and depends on unspecified
> toolchain implementation details.
How about we start sending patches to the list? Then this kind of thing can be
avoided.

Note that although at first there is nothing wrong with just messing around with
the devel repository, this kind of thing breaks bisectability of the tree,
which is kind
of a pain.

c'mon guys, patches to the list.
Let's start doing it before IBM put a patent on it.