qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Networking patches queue

From: Mark McLoughlin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Networking patches queue
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 17:57:21 +0100

On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 17:51 +0200, Jan Kiszka wrote:

> Mark, do you plan more work in this domain in the next time?

Time permitting, I'd like to re-start the work I was doing to make a
(nic, host backend) pair our default networking mode and to de-emphasise
the VLAN concept. With that done we could merge the IFF_VNET_HDR support
from qemu-kvm.git.

>  I would
> have no problems to route my networking related stuff through one
> coordinating tree, e.g. yours. Besides getting my current queue flushed
> I still have
>
>  o rework of host_net_redir (requires coordination with Glauber)
>  o multi-instance slirp
>
> on my agenda. And maybe more will comes once this is rolled out.

Cool. We'll see how it goes. Unless Anthony is actually pulling from
this tree, it's only useful when we have a bunch of inter-dependant
queued patches.

Cheers,
Mark.